HANDMADE PROCESS • AUTHENTIC LAYING METHOD • REAL COAL FIRE • EVERY BRICK IS UNIQUE • ROUGH AND PURE CHARACTER • STRONG AND NATURAL VARIATIONS OF COLOUR
Products with the Hand-Made label are known for their authentic character. In one single production run, there are many natural variations of colour as a result of the reduced firing process with varying levels of oxygen. These shades are apparent between the different bricks as well as the different sides of the bricks. Because they are handmade, every brick is unique. The manual production process gives the bricks rough contours and faint stripe patterns. The burn marks on the bricks are also obtained in an authentic way by manually scattering the coals over the bricks. The result is a strong, subtle and very natural product.
1) The reduced firing process that provides strong (natural) shades within one production process (a similar result as is achieved with the field oven production process). Palettes from the same production process therefore also have various hues and colour tints.
2) Manual processing during the production process gives our bricks a rustic and pure character.
3) Real charcoal fire created by manually scattering coal between the bricks. These random burn marks thus add to the shaded result.
1) To create an appearance that is as homogeneous as possible, the bricks must be mixed correctly before use. This means unpacking them vertically and using at least 5 packs simultaneously.
2) The burn marks form part of the intended result. In order to obtain the shading effect in full, they must be turned to the exterior of the façade facings.
3) As a result of the colour nuances that may exist between the various viewing surfaces of one brick, greater or lesser colour nuances can be achieved by simply turning the brick. By turning the lightest face outwards on the facings, you will achieve the greatest colour nuances.
4) The darker bricks, possibly the ones with burn marks, are often bent. These bricks are best used as cut bricks. If these bricks are not used within the wall, the nuances will not be as obvious.