To promote sustainable projects created using clay pavers
We are introducing the Vande Moortel Clay Paver Awards in order to promote and support unique designs using clay pavers. Projects that rise to challenges such as sustainability, accessibility, cost efficiency and more.
It is therefore our belief that high-quality baked clay pavers belong in such environments. That is why we want to draw attention to projects – both big and small, public and private – realised using our pavers and reward the people who designed them.
Golden medal winners Farrer Huxley with the project St.-Johns Hill, London
(category Commercial projects)
- Small projects: For private projects smaller than 100 m² using clay pavers
- Medium and large projects: For private projects bigger than 100 m² using clay pavers
- Contemporary projects: For all modern and contemporary designs using clay pavers.
- Public and publicly accessible projects: For all public or publicly accessible projects using clay pavers
(Participating projects must have used Vande Moortel clay pavers and be executed after January 2015)
HO TO TAKE PART?
Send your design, a brief statement supporting your entry and if possible a few photographs before the end of 2018 to email@example.com. To support your entry, you can tweet, pin or instagram with #claypaverawards2018.
THE JUDGE & PRIZES
An international panel of judges with authorities from the sector shall choose a winner in each category.
This year, the panel of judges is chaired by Herman van den Bossche.
Mr van den Bossche is:
- Heritage researcher for 'Historic Gardens and Parks' with the Flemish government.
- Vice-Chairman of the Belgian Association of Garden and Landscape Architects
- Belgian representative for IFLA Europe
The winner of each category will receive:
- A unique personalised award
- A city break for two to Ghent. Two nights' accommodation in the historic centre and dinner at a top restaurant in Ghent.
- A professional photo reportage of the winning project by a top photographer.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
The winners will be announced during the summer of 2019.
All entries will be given the attention that they deserve.
The material sent in will be made available to Steenbakkerij Vande Moortel and may be used in company communications.
Click here for more information and for the contest rules.